Availing the hair transplant procedure can help you turn back the clock on years of hair loss.
While the most effective way to get a fuller, thicker head of hair is to stop your hair falling out from the first place.
Thanks to today’s hair transplant technology, the reality is that it allows you to add thickness to your hair and fill in the void spaces of receding hairline.
This completely differs from the older treatments in the 70s and 80s where hair look fake and have a doll-like appearance.
So if you are considering getting a hair transplant, this article provides information on how to take a confident decision about whether the procedure is the right option for you.
What exactly is a Hair Transplant?
Thanks to the human scalp that is loaded with suffice hair follicles, the concept of hair transplantation came into existence. These follicles serve as a boosting or stimulating factor for regrowth of new hair.
Thus hair transplantation is nothing but the cosmetic procedure which involves harvesting the hair follicles from a specific site called donor region and transplanting them to a different part of your scalp called recipient site.
DiHydroTestosterone (DHT) is a hormone which is primarily responsible for causing baldness. So, by moving DHT-resistant hairs from the back and sides of your scalp to the bald region in the front, you may get a thicker, fuller head of hair.
FUE vs FUT What’s the difference?
FUE method involves extracting smaller units of hair, i.e about one to four hairs from the scalp using a medical device. These single unit hairs are then transplanted onto the top of the head The advantage of this method is large scars are not produced. Instead, a number of tiny scars are created that are much less visible after healing.
Whereas FUT involves removing a strip of skin from the back of the scalp. Hairs are then extracted from this strip in groups of one to four.
These hair follicles are transplanted onto the top of the scalp to fill in your hairline. This method is beneficial as the transplanted hairs have a slightly higher success rate.
However, the downside of FUT is larger scar is seen on the back of the scalp that’s visible with haircuts.
Is Hair Transplant a Good Solution for Hair Loss?
If your scalp is affected with receding hairline or diffuse hair loss, getting a hair transplant should be a good solution for you. Our clinic has experienced and skilled surgeon, who could able to restore your hairline, the volume, and thickness which you had in the past.
You may consider the following points before opting hair transplantation:
- Your hair might continue to fall out even after getting a hair transplant if it is genetically sensitive to DHT.
- Due to this, some anti-hair fall medications such as minoxidil or finasteride are recommended by surgeons to minimize the rate of further hair loss.
- Both the types of hair transplant procedures cause scarring which is inevitable. Only the size makes the difference in both these procedures.
- If the sides and back of your scalp have thicker darker hair, then the scars are hardly visible to anyone. So you may choose a hairstyle as you wish.
- However, with the skills and expertise level of the surgeon, you may able to end up with natural hairline and significant improvement in your appearance.
- Radiance hair transplant clinic has experts who have specialization in this hair restoration instead of a general plastic surgeon that performs a wide range of different procedures.
- As this procedure doesn’t make new hair, it only moves your already existing hairs to a new location. Thus you may need to have a minimal amount of hairs on scalp back for this procedure.
- Thus you could definitely make sure to see realistic expectations based on the amount of hair you still have left.