When it comes to bathing products, there are a plethora of options available for you to choose from. The major market is occupied by synthetic products rather than the natural ones. But the real question is, are these synthetic products even safe for your health?
If you are on the outlook of all-natural products that not only meet your needs but also are beneficial for your health and wellness, you are at the right place.
Here we have listed down a number of all-natural bath products that you can use without the fear of any harm to your body.
1. Essential Oils
Essential oils are extracted from natural plants and herbs like chamomile, lavender, eucalyptus, rose, etc. They are the concentrated extracts having healing properties of these plants, hence, only a few drops can do wonders. Some of the health benefits of essential oils are listed below.
- Are a great source of glowing skin and hair nourishment, provided by essential vitamins and minerals
- Their antibacterial properties make them great for alleviating skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, etc.
- They are great for relieving stress and anxiety if added to water for bathing
- Can be used before the bath to treat alopecia and baldness
Adding a few drops of one or more essential oils to your bathtub will give you the feeling of a spa at home. This will make the bathing luxurious and more relaxing than ever before.
2. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate which is a mineral compound having numerous benefits. Its property of being easily absorbed into the skin allows it to serve its purpose effectively. Apart from its use for skincare and detoxification, its various other uses for health and wellness are:
- Acts as a potent cleanser
- Helps to reduce weight by driving out retained water from the body
- Soothes body aches and cramps providing a spa-like experience
- Provides effective treatment for reduced nerve function and circulatory problems
- Reduces the risk of diabetes complications and treats problematic sprains and bruises
Mix 2 to 3 cups of Epsom salt to the hot water bath and soak yourself in it for 40-60 minutes in order to reap its benefits and have a soothing experience.
3. Himalayan Salt
A combination of 84 minerals and trace elements makes pink Himalayan salt one of the miracles of nature. It is a versatile salt with a wide range of benefits for the body. It not only has therapeutic uses but also has proved to be very beneficial for health and wellbeing, as listed below.
- Provides intense detoxification when used in a water bath
- Can be used as a body scrub with essential oils for skin nourishment as well as reducing scars
- Proved to be effective in alleviating skin allergies
- Can be used to treat insomnia and depression by boosting up energy levels
- Also available in the form of soaps and deodorants
For intense detoxification, use 2.6 pounds Himalayan bath Salt in a standard 30-gallon bathtub. Alternatively, soak in a dilute solution of the water bath for a soothing effect. Soak in warm water for about 30 minutes to have effective results.
4. Sea Sponges
Sea sponges are all-natural products highly recommended by experts for a fulfilling bathing experience. Their toxin-free and hypoallergenic properties make them suitable for sensitive skin as well as excellent for babies.
Sea sponges are effective for cleansing and exfoliation of the skin thus, can be used as an alternative to bath scrubs. They have also been an admired choice due to their superior quality and durability as compared to the synthetic ones.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
This magical plant has been used for centuries in skin care. It heals, soothes, moisturizes, and promotes hair growth. Due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it is widely used to treat so many skin problems such as acne, breakouts, sunburn, and dryness. You ac use t in so many ways:
- Before taking shower just apply Aloe Vera gel to your scalp. It will moisturize your scalp and reduce the dryness. It will also stimulate the hair follicles to promote hair growth.
- Apply it to your skin by mixing it with coconut oil and salt to exfoliate your skin.
- Add warm honey, Aloe Vera gel, oatmeal, milk and rose petals to your bath water and soak yourself in it for about 20 minutes. This will moisturize your skin and reduce the tan or sunburn.
Now you know so many natural bath products so don’t waste any time in making your bathing time more relaxing and beneficial.