You can install screw piles by using conventional construction equipment. You can use a truck excavator, or a mini excavator equipped with a high torque motor to install the screw piles, without the need to hire or buy any special equipment for the same. You do not need to use a crane, hammer, or drilled shaft rig for installing such piles.
It will save your cost and you can easily complete your construction project within a timeline. You can use such piles to give proper support to your building and can build a large foundation on land covered with corrosive soil.
Benefits of screw piles
These piles and helical anchors can be loaded immediately after installation, and you do not need to wait for a week to remove the excess soil from the ground. In the case of concrete piles, you need to wait for a few days to let the concrete dry and set, and you cannot work on your job site until the pore water is dissipated.
- Screw piles will reduce your response time and you can easily complete your project within a short duration. These piles can provide immediate load carrying capacity and you can work on them just after their installation.
- There will be no soil cutting and installing screw piles does not create any disturbance on your site. You can keep your site clean, and it will help save considerably on the total cost. Apart from that, the low noise level associated with these piles can reduce the risk and keep your project safe from sensitive construction vibrations. If you want to give additional support to the old building, then you can use these screw piles because there will be no vibration that can cause major damages to the old building.
- You can measure the load-bearing capacity of the screw piles before you install them on the site. You can use a pile driving analyzer during the installation process and measure the load-bearing capacity of the soil by using a direct in-line torque. To find the relationship between load-bearing capacity and torque for piles, you can hire an engineer. They can check the on-site load-bearing capacity during installing such piles and decide the exact location for the installation of such piles.
- If you want to work on a project located in a remote area, then you must use screw piles because you cannot find any construction support services in these remote locations. Apart from that, there are some congested areas where access is restricted. In this case, you can use screw piles and helical anchors.
- Piles are installed on the land where groundwater is high, and screw piles are perfect in this case. You can use these piles for the underpinning of an existing structure. You do not need to use a pump to drain out the water from the underground level and thus save both your time and cost. You can simply use such screw piles above the ground and distribute the loads evenly.
- Helical anchors and screw piles installation is very easy, and they can be installed for an existing or new building. You can use the same for earth retaining projects and install such piles horizontally or vertically. These piles are versatile in nature, and you can easily increase the maximum load that can be applied to the structure. If you want to add more support, add helical plates to your piles and you do not need to install multiple screw piles for a single project.
Now that you know all about screw piles and the various benefits offered by them, call the best contractors in town, and schedule a site visit.