For the chicken meat lovers, here is one of the significant chicken dishes famous throughout India, especially in South India- Kadaknath Chicken. This chicken dish is famous with the name of Kali Masi, which is an Indian breed chicken.
The origin of this chicken is from Dhar and Jhabua in MP and Chhattisgarh. Also, it is majorly found in some districts of Gujarat and Rajasthan. The demand for Kadaknath arose these days in Jhabua to a great extent these days.
People avoid street food and fast food; on the same hand, the demand for Kadaknath Murga arose. They cannot give up eating this desi cock at any time. So, learn more about Kadaknath with its pricing, eggs, farming, and the benefits of eating it.
What is Kadaknath?
Usually, people from rural areas breed Kadaknath Murga as it is considered as the sacred meal. People believe in sacrificing Kali Masi to Goddess after the Diwali occasion.
Within this single breed, there are further three varieties available with Kadaknath that are jet black, penciled, and golden. The Indian government has given the meat of Kadaknath a geographical indication tag as per norms set on 30 July 2018.
However, presently The Agricultural Science Centre has been working to preserve the real breed of Kadaknath. They knew how Kadakanth benefits the body with healthy chicken. However, the supply of Kadaknath has been declining day by day.
Kadaknath Breed and Colour
Kadaknath Murga is the most popular for its adjustment with adaptability. It is a lump of grey-black meat with infuse vigor. This black and grey shade is due to melanin present in it. It is the rarest breed in India but in high demand.
The primary name given by the people to this breed is BMC as Black Meat Chicken. Hence Kadaknath is famous for its texture, taste, and quality.
Kadaknath Chicken Meat is pure black with its eggs in brown color. People are fond of its taste and the best benefits. There are mainly three different breeds of Kadaknath available in the entire world.
- Kadaknath- Native of MP, India
- Ayyam Cemani- Native in Indonesia
- Silkie- Native in China
The texture and flavor with its medical benefits make it the perfect choice for people who love this meat.
The color features of Kadaknath are black with a tone of grey in it. Also, it possesses gold plumage with some green effects on the body. The black-grey shade is on the legs and the toenails in the lower body.
The upper body has a black tone of tongue, beak, comb, and wattles. The inner organs, bones, and meat have a grayish tone.
What is Kadaknath Price in India?
This chick bird has the best medicinal properties and values. Hence the demand for the chicken rises with the new coming day. However, many have even planned to prevent the real breed, but still, none can stop people buying Kadaknath murga with high pricing.
For a kilogram, the cost of chicken is around 600 to 800 rupees in India. The highest nutritional values and the best medicinal benefits are the demand for Kadaknath Murga keeps rising every time.
What are Kadaknath egg benefits?
Kadaknath is famous for its adaptability and the best tasting of its black meat. There are many Kadaknath Egg Benefits, which is most famous throughout the world and, most probably, India.
From an ordinary chicken, Kadaknath is ten times better than them. It is popular due to the high amount of iron content in it. Thus these chicken features have the best medicinal properties to attract the chicken lovers.
Talking about the nutritional value of Kadaknath Murga, it comprises 25% of protein content with 0.73 to 1.03% of fats. Linoleic acid is also an essential benefit of Kadaknath with 24% content and the minimum cholesterol of 184 mg.
Different Advantages of Kadaknath Chicken Breed
- The meat prepared from Kadaknath has high-quality texture and flavor in it.
- The black shade has more medicinal properties.
- As compared to other ordinary chickens, Kadaknath’s eggs are sold on high pricing due to the best nutritional value.
- Kadaknath is rich in amino acids and vitamins and aids in pulmonary problems.
- It can quickly treat post-delivery issues and also asthma and nephritis.
Kadaknath Chicken Benefits
Kadaknath Chicken is famous for its different health benefits for humans as it cured various health issues. These medicinal properties of Kadaknath Murga have raised their demand on a large scale throughout India.
Usually, people of MP use this chicken blood to treat chronic diseases. However, much other focus for the treatment of headaches, asthma, and nephritis. Due to its high nutritional value, this murga is the best treatment to cure different problems of the old people.
With the best Kadaknath Chicken Benefits, it makes the human body resistant to developing the disease. The best advantage of eating Kadaknath is fewer fats, high proteins, and low cholesterol levels compared to ordinary poultry breeds.
How can you begin with Kadaknath Chicken Farming?
Before you plan to start with the farming of Kadaknath Chicken, you must keep into notice about different facts of it.
- Select the healthy breed of Kadaknath Murga for farming.
- Suppose you have day-old chicks at your farm, make sure you have proper vaccination for them.
- In the starting, you can feed 30 to 50 chicks and then have good experience with them and improve the number.
- Don’t forget to work according to the proper breed information for feeding them the best food.
- For a few new weeks for the chicks, you need to properly care for them with proper feed.
- In case you are planning to develop the farming of commercial scale, make sure you did a proper promotion for the farm with complete details to the people.
- For not letting your Kadaknath Murga fall ill, you can feed them with the best vaccination. It prevents them from developing the disease.
Here are some exclusive facts about Kadaknath Murga
- The weight for a day old Chicks in Kadaknath breed is around 28 to 30 grams with the bird body color of Jet Black.
- The bodyweight rises to 0.8 to 0.9 kilograms in the next eight weeks. The price of the chicks is Rupees 20 to 22.
- In the next 13 to 14 weeks, these chicks turn to have complete one kilogram of weight, and the survival rates improve to 95%.
- Male chicks’ total weight is 2.3 to 2.5 kilograms, with female chicks of 1.6 to 1.8 kilograms.
- Considering the quality and taste of Kadaknath Murga, the chicks are pure black like country chicken in both quality and taste.
- These chicks need low maintenance with proper maintenance. Hence these are good for backyard poultry farming.
Though Kadaknath Chicken benefits have increased the demand for it, today, these are on the verge of extinction. Agricultural Science Centre has been working to preserve these birds.
The government has indulged many families in its farming, and hence it has helped them develop with the best financial support and assistance. There are 500 families below the poverty line who have been working on it. However, we must preserve with the black-grayish bird.