Are you planning on going to a trip to Ahmedabad? It is one of the most beautiful cities of the country and it certainly has some really interesting landmarks that need to be checked out.
So when you are planning on going to Ahmedabad, there are a few things that you need to be aware of in order to make the best of your trip.
Well, to start it off, you should check out the various Ahmedabad cheap hotels and get your booking done as soon as possible since Ahmedabad as a tourist destination remains in great demand during the peak tourist season. Here are a few other things that you should keep in mind in order to make the most of your trip:
- The most important thing that you should is plan your trip during the winter months or during the months of October and January. Not only does the weather remain really pleasant and conducive for tourism during this time of the year, it is also the time of the two major festivals of Ahmedabad- Navratri and Makar Sankranti. Ahmedabad during this time of the year is splendid and should be checked out by any tourist who wants to get a taste of Indian festivals. When you plan your trip you should definitely keep some time allotted for a visit to the Sabarmati Ashram. Established by Gandhiji, this ashram is one of a kind in India. It was established in order to promote an alternate mode of living which was practised by Gandhiji himself.
- It is also a cornerstone in the Indian independence movement since the famous Dandi march took off from here. Today it is an archive of the most important and interesting documents of the life of Gandhi and of course the Indian freedom struggle itself and hence it is a must visit during your trip.
- It is important to cool off after a hectic tour and hence after a tiring day of travelling you should definitely take some time out and head out to the Kankaria Lake so that you can sit by the side of the largest lake of the city and then relax in the evening. The lake is decked up in lights during this time of the evening and draws both tourists as well as locals.
- How can your trip to Ahmedabad be complete without a taste of Gujarati thali! Try out this delicious spread and also hit the street food stores in Manek Chowk. These are some of the most interesting attractions of the city that you should not miss.
- And last but not the least do not miss out on souvenir shopping and that too at great prices. You will get authentic Gujarati goodies here at really affordable rates and on top of that if you can bargain then these products are a steal! So if you want to get the complete picture and feel of Ahmedabad, you should definitely try out shopping here.
These are some really interesting things that you have to try out when visiting Ahmedabad, in order to make the most of your tour.