Income-tax Department has announced that everyone must link Aadhar card with PAN. Earlier, Aadhar with the PAN card link date has been extended to 31 March 2019. But now, the last date for linking Aadhaar with PAN card is 31 March 2021. There are various methods to link Aadhaar with PAN.
How to link Aadhar with PAN
People are looking for various ways in which they can link their PAN with Aadhar. Let’s explore these methods:
1. How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online
There is an e-filing website for PAN-Aadhaar linking. You can visit the e-filing website through https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home link and on the left side of the website, you can see “Link Aadhaar” in quick links.
Once you click on “Link Aadhaar”, a new form will be open on your screen. Now fill your PAN and Aadhaar number. And also, fill your name as same on your Aadhar card. Earlier, in the Aadhar card, only birth year was mentioned. If the birth year is mentioned on your Aadhar then tick the box.
Put a checkmark in the box “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI” and move ahead to fill the captcha code.
A visually challenged person can request for OTP. OTP will be sent to their registered mobile number. At last, click on ” Link Aadhar”. And a message will be pop up on your screen that Aadhar is successfully linked with PAN card
2. How to Link Aadhaar with PAN by SMS
If you are not digitally upgraded then no issue, I can introduce you to the easiest method to link PAN card with Aadhaar card. Yes, you heard it right. Just by sending an SMS, you can link them. Let’s look into its step. There is a particular format to send an SMS. Here is the Format UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
You can send this message on two numbers 567678 or 56161. But remember one thing, you have to send a message from your registered mobile number only.
To avoid all the mistakes while sending the SMS, I’m giving you an example. Let’s assume your PAN is PBNHE1936Y and Aadhar number is 686654321096. Then the message would be in this format UIDPAN 686654321096 PBNHE1936Y and send it to one of the above-given numbers from the registered mobile number.
3. How to link Aadhaar card with PAN manually
It is a quite headache to link the Aadhaar card with PAN manually. You have to visit the PAN service provider, NSDL, or UTIITSL. They will ask you to fill the form “Annexure-I”. Also, you need documents like Aadhar and PAN card copy. There is an advantage of online service that is free of cost. But in the case of manual linking, a person has to pay the specified fees.
Why should we link pan with Aadhar
Any PAN CARD holder should not take this announcement lightly, because it can create trouble for you.
- If PAN Aadhaar not linked on or before 31 March 2021 then your PAN card will be inactive.
- Another reason to link PAN with Aadhar is, you cannot file your Income-tax return without linking them.
- Many PAN cards have been issued with the unvaried name. Now, it will be easy to track, once they link their Aadhaar with PAN card. It will remove the problem of issuing different multiple PAN cards with the same name.
How can check we PAN Aadhaar link status?
- You can effortlessly check the PAN Aadhaar link status by visiting this link. https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/AadhaarPreloginStatus.html
- Now, soberly enter your PAN and Aadhar number and click on view link Aadhar status.
- Once you click on view link Aadhar status, the result will pop up on your screen.
I’m unable to link Aadhaar with PAN. What to do?
This can be possible if your Aadhaar and PAN card information like name, gender, date of birth is not matching with each other. Ensure that your name should be the same on Aadhar as well as on the PAN card.
In case, your name spelling is different in both but gender and DOB are matching. Then, you will get a message of authentication fails.
In such cases, you will receive an OTP on the mobile number linked to your Aadhar card. Now, enter the OTP to continue the linking procedure.
If your name is wrongly spelled on Aadhar card then you need to update it as soon as possible. Let me brief you on the steps.
- No need to panic! Simply, go to your nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. And don’t forget to take a self-attested photocopy of your identity evidence.
- Now, they will give you Aadhaar Enrolment Form, fill it correctly.
- Handover this form to an authorized person along with a self-attested photocopy of your identity evidence.
- You will receive a slip in which the update request number will be mentioned.
- You can check the update request via the update request number. Once your request is completed, you can link Aadhaar with PAN easily.
If your name is wrongly spelled on PAN card then visit the NSDL link (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html)
- In application type, select the third option from the dropdown menu ” Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)”
- While selecting a category, select “Individual”
- Fill up your details, that have asked in the form.
- Now, pay the fee for updating and after Aadhaar e-KYC, click on submit.
- Once this process is over, you will receive the updated PAN card. Now, you can link Aadhar and PAN card.
“Don’t forget to link your Aadhar with PAN card before 31 March 2021”