Udit Narayan is an Indian playback singer who has sung in many Indian languages, including Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali, Odia, Bhojpuri, Nepali, Malayalam, Assamese, Bagheli and Maithili. He has sung in many Bollywood films and is known for his versatile voice and ability to convey emotions through his singing.
In this article, you will learn more about Udit Narayan, his early life, career, personal life and most importantly, Udit Narayan’s Net Worth.
|Birth name||Udit Narayan|
|Birth place||Baisi Bihar, India|
|Birth date||1 December 1955|
|Net worth||$23 Million|
Who is Udit Narayan?
Udit Narayan is an Indian playback singer who has primarily worked in Hindi films, but has also sung in many other languages. He has won numerous awards, including four National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards, and has been recognized with the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his contributions to arts and culture. Additionally, 21 of his tracks have been featured in the BBC’s “Top 40 Bollywood Soundtracks of all time.”
Udit Narayan made his Hindi playback debut in 1980 with the movie Unees-Bees, where he got to sing with Mohammed Rafi. However, he established himself as a Bollywood Playback Singer with his notable performance in the 1988 movie “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” starring Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla.
Udit Narayan Early Life
Udit Narayan is an Indian playback singer born in 1955 to a Maithil Brahmin family in Baisi village of Supaul district of Bihar, India. His father was Nepali and his mother was Indian. There were some reports questioning his Indian citizenship when he was awarded the Padma Shri in 2009, but he has stated that he was born in India and identifies as a Bihari. He has won several awards for his contributions to Indian music and has sung in many different languages.
Udit Narayan completed his SSC from Jageshwar High School in Kunauli, Supaul, Bihar, India, and then went on to obtain his intermediate degree from Ratna Rajya Lakshmi Campus in Kathmandu, Nepal. His father was a farmer, and his mother was a folk singer who encouraged his interest in music.
Udit Narayan Wife
Udit Narayan has been married twice. His first marriage was to Ranjana Narayan Jha, which he initially denied, but later accepted and promised to provide for her maintenance. He then began a relationship with Deepa Narayan Jha while still married to Ranjana, and they got married in 1985. Udit and Deepa have one son, Aditya Narayan, who is also a playback singer.
After moving to Mumbai, Udit Narayan made his Bollywood debut as a playback singer in 1980 with the film Unees-Bees. He gained recognition for his performance in the 1988 film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, and his song “Papa Kehte Hain” earned him his first Filmfare Award. He has won four National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards, among many others.
In 2009, he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India for his contribution to arts and culture, and in 2016, he received the Padma Bhushan, one of India’s highest civilian honors.With films such as Pukar, Dhadkan, Lagaan, Devdas, Veer-Zaara, and Devdas, he remained prolific into the 2000s.
He has received praise from Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, and music director Ankit Tiwari for his work. Among his generation’s most prominent singers, he has achieved great success. Udit Narayan has received several awards including Screen Videocon Award, MTV Best Video Award and Pride of India Gold Award.
Udit Narayan Achievements
Udit Narayan has achieved many milestones throughout his career in the Indian film industry.
- National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer: Udit Narayan won this award for his song “Papa Kehte Hain” from the film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” in 1988.
- Filmfare Awards: Udit Narayan has won several Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer, including for the songs “Papa Kehte Hain”, “Tumse Milne Ki Tamanna Hai” from “Baazigar”, and “Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye” from “Jurm”.
- Guinness World Records: In 2000, Udit Narayan set a Guinness World Record for recording the most songs in a single language, over 1,000 songs in Hindi.
- Padma Shri: Udit Narayan was awarded the Padma Shri, one of India’s highest civilian awards, in 2009 in recognition of his contribution to the Indian music industry.
- Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement: In 2016, Udit Narayan was honoured with the Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement for his outstanding contribution to the Indian film industry.
Udit Narayan facts
Here are some interesting facts about Udit Narayan:
- Udit Narayan has sung in more than 36 languages, including Nepali, Maithili, Bhojpuri, Hindi, and many others.
- Narayan’s son, Aditya Narayan, is also a well-known singer and TV personality.
- He won the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Mitwa” from the movie Lagaan in 2002.
- Narayan was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award, in 2009.
- Narayan is a trained classical singer and learned classical music from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in Mumbai.
- He has recorded over 25,000 songs in his career and has been honoured with several prestigious awards, including Filmfare Awards, Zee Cine Awards, and the IIFA Award.
Udit NarayanNet worth
A total of $23 million is estimated to be Udit Narayan’s net worth as of 2022. Approximately Rs174 crore is his net worth in rupees. Approximately Udit Narayan’s monthly income is Rs44 lakhs. It is estimated as per reports, that Udit Narayan’s salary per song is Rs 5-8 Lakhs. His income totals Rs 5.2 crores most of the time.
It is estimated that Udit Narayan Net worth in rupees is worth Rs 174 Crores, which is quite a lot for a singer. Despite not owning many cars, Udit Narayan owns some of the most luxurious ones, such as a Mercedes-Benz S class that costs over 1.5 crores.
Udit Narayan’s primary source of income is his singing career in the Indian film industry. He has recorded numerous songs for Bollywood movies and has been active in the industry for over three decades.
In addition to his singing work, Udit Narayan also earns income from concerts, live performances, and events. He has performed in many countries and has a large fan base worldwide. Udit Narayan may also have additional sources of income, such as investments, brand endorsements, and other business ventures, but this information is not publicly available.
In conclusion, Udit Narayan is a highly regarded and successful playback singer from Nepal who has significantly impacted the Indian film industry. He has recorded numerous songs for Bollywood movies and has won numerous awards for his singing, including the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer and several Filmfare Awards.
Udit Narayan has a large and dedicated fan base and is an important and influential figure in Indian music. Udit Narayan’s Net Worth is approx Rs 173 crore as per reports of 2023.
He has left a lasting impact on the Indian music industry and will remain remembered as one of the greatest playback singers ever.
Frequently asked questions
1. What is Udit Narayan’s Net worth in rupees?
Ans. Udit Narayan’s Net Worth in rupees is approx Rs 173 crore, according to a Recent Report for the year 2023.
2. Udit Narayan won a national award for which song?
Ans. The song he sang won him the National Award “Chand Chupa Badal Mein”.
3. Who is Udit Narayan’s Wife?
Ans. Narayan has been married twice. Currently, Udit Narayan’s Wife is Deepa Narayan Jha.
4. What is Udit Narayan’s first wife’s name?
Ans. Udit Narayan first wife name was Ranjana Narayan Jha
5. What is Udit Narayan’s salary per song?
Ans. As per estimation, Udit Narayan’s salary per song is Rs 5-8 Lakhs.